Can you share the story behind the brand?
Mavex was founded by two Swiss Italians in 2009; their first treatment being Calluspeeling. Followed by the Alpine Foot Spa Range. With laboratories based in Lugano Switzerland, their mission has always been to obtain the best results possible for the customer and their therapists. Using the best quality organic ingredients, based on the latest cosmeceuticle research.
In 2012, on a trip to Italy, the current UK distributors Alison & John found the MAVEX brand while having a pedicure in Sicily. MAVEX was launched in the UK in 2013; the rest as they say, is history.
What would you say sets your products from others in the market?
Results. As a results driven brand, this is the most important factor in the development of all MAVEX treatments. Also, our own team of scientist in Cosmetology and Dermatology actively develops MAVEX treatments in Switzerland. This ensure we can prove our results and the claims we make. Because if we say it can, we can prove it.
How would you describe the brands core values?
As previously mentioned, the main driver of MAVEX is results. When a new treatment is developed, we ask ourselves –
- What skin conditions can we improve?
- Are there better ingredients to achieve this?
- How can this help our salon businesses have repeat business and improve results for their customers?
Mavex actively reduces environmental impact by utilising recycled materials for packaging, also adhering to a zero animal testingpolicy for all MAVEX treatments and ingredients.
Can you share anything new and exciting coming up?
2024 will see the launch of the MAVEX Phyto Collagen range. An innovative anti-ageing treatment that stimulates collagen production to improve skin firmness and also reduce wrinkles. It is the 5th facial skincare range for MAVEX! Ensuring that therapists have a full range of options to offer their clients to ensure the best possible results.
My favourite products are :
· Hyaluronic Lifting Serum – for its superb ability to retain moisture through both high and low molecular weight HA
· White Perfection Micellar Water Cleanser – for perfectly cleansing my skin while also breaking down age spots and sun damage
· Divine Beauty Rich Hydration Face Cream – the silky texture feels wonderful on the skin. Sinking in to provide deep moisturisation without feeling greasy.
You can read more about MAVEX in The Salon Source HERE!